Saturday, October 31, 2009

Surprise

Today we told Paul's family about our growing little Jellybean. We had discussed various methods of surprising the family but the idea I had came to me on a spur of the moment and out of the need for a backup plan. My sister in law and brother in law just retunred from their 2 week honeymoon and during the time they were away my sister in law's birthday had also passed. Friday is the family get together day and so I had gifts for her from the wedding and her birthday. The original plan was to have a onesie made that said "I love my Aunt Kim" and give that to her along with all the other gifts so it wouldn't seem weird or out of the blue. Then the inspiration grew as I found an Etsy dealer that made customed onsies so I got one to say "I Love my Aunt Kim and Uncle Ben" I ordered this last week while they were still away and specifcially requested the onesie arrive by friday, extra shipping charges could be charged for htis. I never heard back from the seller so I assumed all was well. As the week ticked by and no package showed up my worry increased. Paul had said if it didnt come we would scrap telling them this week but since my anticipation about sharing this special news has grown exponetially as the weeks roll by I simply couldn't stand to wait much longer. I decided today to come up with a new plan, an even better one. My sister in law loves elephants, those are her giraffes you could say. I bought a stuffed elephant and tied a little card around its neck with this poem I made up
"The wedding day was beautiful
what a special time that was
Hope you're ready for the next step
because
Ready or naught
here it comes
Congratulations you're becoming
an Aunt!"

Of course when I got home the onesie was sitting on the porch.

Needless to say thanks to these happy pictures I think the entire thing went well and we surprised the family good!
Jellybean this is your Uncle Ben...words can't always describe




No comments:

Post a Comment